VOGONS

Common searches

Gta 1 laggy

Topic actions

First post, by rain

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi ive voodoo3 3000 agp card , when playing GTA 1 with 3dfx exe, for example entering cars making lag just for 1 sec , then running normal. Using latest directx7 driver, also same thing happpen with voodoo banshee card.

Reply 1 of 7, by Cosmic

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Which platform or CPU are you using? I've never played GTA 1, but I remember GTA 2 was surprisingly difficult to get running smoothly on some period CPUs (e.g. consistent 40-50 FPS+).

Reply 3 of 7, by DudeFace

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

i got the big box that came with london when it released, at the time i had a socket7 AMD K6 233mhz and a creative graphics blaster extreme with a blistering 4mb of vram, as far as i remember it ran perfectly, voodoo 3 was new that year so it should have no problems.

Reply 6 of 7, by Garrett W

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's pretty much what leileilol said. As soon as you enter a car, the game seeks to another music track on the CD. It seems like less than a sec, doesn't seem like that big a deal to me.

Maybe you could try something like CDBeQuiet to slow down your optical drive to 4x or 8x speeds which should alleviate the issue somewhat. It was always an issue on PC however, even back then!