VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by annodomini79

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to run Fantasy General on my pc with Windows XP. I downloaded DOSbox and tried to let the game start with it
(Z:\mount C C:\oldgames
Z:\C:
C:\cd Fantasy General
C:\Fantasy General>FG) but it didn't because it seemed it couldn't find a CD DRIVER ( 😳 ) ... then I tried with other commands such as:
Z:>mount D "C:\oldgames\Fantasy General" -t cdrom
Drive D is mounted as CDRom.
and then
Z:\mount C C:\oldgames
C:\Fantasy General>FG
it seems to start but then it writes: "please insert Fantasy General cd and strike any key" when actually the cd-game is already inside...
What shall I do? What did I did wrong? PLEASE HEEEEELLLLLLPPPP 😁

leo

Reply 1 of 3, by Maal656

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If you type:
Z:>mount D "C:\oldgames\Fantasy General" -t cdrom
it is supposed that in that folder you have copied the contents of the Fantasy General CD-ROM.

but when you type:
Z:\mount C C:\oldgames
C:\Fantasy General>FG
it is supposed that in that folder (the same than before) you have installed the Fantasy General game.

You should mount two different folders, one corresponding to the Fantasy General CD-ROM (D: ) and other different where you will install the game (ie, C:\oldgames). Then, after installing the game (running any install.exe or similar located in D: ), you will be able to play the game typing "FG" in the "C:\Fantasy General" folder.

Reply 2 of 3, by annodomini79

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

THANK U FOR YOUR REPLY... actually I continued trying to solve this problem, and by using the following command I succeded:
Z:>mount C "C:\oldgames"
Z:>mount D "D:\" -t cdrom -ioctl
Z:>D:
D:>install
after installation
Z:>C:
C:>cd Fantasy General (wich is inside OLDGAMES)
C:>Fantasy General>FG
and then... it runs... 😁
THANK U AGAIN VERY MUCH for helping a clumsy boy

leo