VOGONS

Common searches

Blood problems

Topic actions

Reply 41 of 47, by Magic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I got Blood working myself after spending most of yesterday trying the tips here at VOGONs and the links... To help anyone else struggling, here's what I did:

-I got the Blood: One Whole Unit set from Home of the Underdogs (I had the one from the C:Dos site before - I reckon it made a difference).
-Ran the setup with Awe 32 as my soundcard (I was running sound blaster >_<), port 220 and irq 5.
-Applied the CLI2NOP file (In a dos prompt, with them from the dir, ran cli2nop -p blood.exe.
-Ran the exe, unmodified, in Win XP. Works greatly. 😀

Thanks very much to the forum for being a guide - without it I'd have given up ... and not been able to continue my pschotic fantasies. 😁

"Everybody loves somebody sometime... not me baby." - Caleb

-Magic
www.samods.com - Mods by modders.

Reply 42 of 47, by jjim

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Teller
Thanks for your link to the .smk movie files.
I am having trouble getting them to play. I have tried putting them on a cd in movies and putting them in blood/movies without any luck.
You mention that the blood.ini file needs editing - please can you explain what needs changing here.
Is the first smk supposed to play at the beginning of the game or between levels?

I am also not able to get my joystick working in 640- 480 mode with win xp and nolfb.com ( works fine in lower resolution).
Any help on either topic much appreciated
Thanks

Reply 43 of 47, by Magic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You modify blood.ini ... Let's see. Halfway down the first page I have:

[Episode1]
; location of movies was set at install
;CutSceneA=c:\games\blood\cs1.smk
;CutWavA=c:\games\blood\cs1822m.wav
;CutSceneB=c:\games\blood\cs2.smk
;CutWavB=c:\games\blood\cs2822m.wav

The c:\games\blood\ is where I have the game installed. If I moved it to d:\blood, I'd have to change the ini to say d:\blood\ instead.

However, I couldn't get the movies working, but I think (as I just noticed) that's due to the semi colons in front of the text.... I'll check that if I can find a savegame near the first boss.

Edit: Yes, they play ok so make sure the ;'s are removed, since the copy of Blood I downloaded put them in (I presume if they try and play the movies and they aren't there, the game crashes).

-Magic
www.samods.com - Mods by modders.

Reply 45 of 47, by Teller

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Fist cut scene plays at start of episode 1 way of all flesh before grave opens

If you can only get 640 by 480 res on xp you might be interested in this

patch for WinXP/2000 monitor issues

If the movies aren't there the game just continues no crashes

Reply 46 of 47, by RoNsTaR

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

src\demo.cpp(510): File error #11 loading demo file header.

I got the same error, referring to Monolith's Blood FAQ u should set this in ur config.sys

BUFFERS=80
FILES=80

Didn't try this out yet, just seen this here somewhere in the forums 😉 But u need to change these values under windows/system32/config.nt

Changing this value in vdmsound doesn't work (tried this one still out 😉).

EDIT: IT IS WORKIN NOW, THANK GOD !!!! I've good performance (640x480) and okay sound (8 voices, 16bit and 22khz), really cool to steer Caleb again *kissinthefeetsofthevdmsounddevelopers*. BTW, I got a stack overflow error with dos4gw when i enable mpu-emulation 😮 (This wasn't b4 I changed the buffers and files settings, very strange..., well I got the CD-Music, thats good as well 🤣 ).

Reply 47 of 47, by kriztofo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Has anyone had success getting Blood to run in WinXP over tcp/ip using the Gamer's IPX Tunneler?

A friend and I both got Blood working well on our machines, but little success with multiplayer over the net. Our clients can see each other but crash when going in-game. Has anyone had any experience with this?

I can be more detailed if need be.