VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Bean

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have been successfully able to run Day of the Tentacle with DOSBox & D-Fend. Earlier this year, I was also able to run the game fine using some sort of combo with VDMsound or something like that, but had the same results.

The game will open up with the pleasant intro with all of the sound and graphics, and Bernard tells Hoagie and Laverne to split up with the dialogue and background music. After this, the background music continues playing, but instead of dialogue when controling Bernard, all I get is subtitles of what he is saying.

My copy of the game is not legal unfortuantely because I lost my old copy that was on a CD. Are there any known fixes to this problem? I have this exact problem while trying to run Monkey Island 1.

Reply 1 of 4, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Your illegal copy must be corrupted. We cannot help you.

(thinking to myself) Should I lock this post?

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 3 of 4, by Zork

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sounds like you've only got the floppy version of the game, rather than the CD version. In most LucasArts games that had speech that came on floppies, only the introduction would have speech and then it would go to subtitled dialogue with no speech.

"You have entered a dark place. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."

Reply 4 of 4, by Smiling Spectre

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Did you _have_ full version? Full version must be more than 200Mb. Did sound sounds 😀 in the intro? Did you use Dosbox 0.65?

If all above is true, try to look to the other topic, in the DosBox section, that I create today. 😀