VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by General

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have tried and tried and tried to get Alien Logic to run on my WinXP machine for ages. Heck, I've been trying since '95, it seems! The best I've been able to get is about 10 seconds through DosBOX, but even then the thing fails because it doesn't register sound.

What can I do to get this game to work? I'm sure it isn't a matter of graphic or sound requirements...after all, I would imagine that in 11 years the most average of computers could run this little game.

Also, on a side note, how can I convert the games' music into MP3s? I kinda like the soundtrack.

The General

Look at me! I'm a ridiculous stick figure with a badly drawn cape, and I CAN FLY!

Reply 1 of 1, by spoopryme

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OOOOOO!!!! i just got this game to work! at least, it works so far...

first, i had to copy the contents of the cd to a folder, then install from the folder. then i moved the installed alien folder to my game drive.

leaving the cd in the drive i fired up dosbox

i then did the following...

mount d: d:\ <-------mounted my cdrom drive as d
mount c: I:\games <------------my games directory mounted as c drive
c: <------------go to the c drive
cd alien <------------go to the alien logic directory
alien /g /m

without the /g and /m flags the game hangs on the second screen that comes up. doing it this way totally disables all sound from the looks of it, but the game is playable otherwise. i did this under dosbox .63 and am going to try it on .65 to see if sound works.