VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Zork

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I'm trying to remember an old DOS game I played in the early 1990s. Here's what I remember about it. I remember it was a movie-to-game adaptation, and a pretty good one at that. I remember that most levels (I think there were around six or seven) were basically a clone of Spy Hunter. You could collect things such as Lasers and Torpedos to use against enemies and bosses. I remember that in one level, you could collect these tokens that were on the road. Using these tokens, you could enter your car into a van where you could buy equipment for your vehicles - things like Armor, Missiles, and so forth to use against enemies.

There were also two levels that were basically a clone of Operation Wolf. In one level, you had to defend some guy who was planting a bomb to make an entrance to some room - I think he was on a pole of some sort. I remember the second Operation Wolf level clone was basically just a basic shoot-'em-up where you shot these red guards who appeared from various corridors. I think there was also some sort of briefing at each level where the game would explain what you were doing - to make the action a bit less confusing, I suppose.

Does anybody know what this might have been?

"You have entered a dark place. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."

Reply 2 of 4, by Zork

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

No, Technocop isn't it. I remember that the Spy Hunter clone levels had a top-down view, rather than 3rd-person. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure it was published by Domark...

"You have entered a dark place. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."