VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by kukus444

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have some problems when i view the cutscenes at Lands of lore 2.
The intro works great, but when i shall see the cutscenes, then it just view the movie in 1 or 2 fps or something, why?

- Kukus444 has spoken!

Reply 1 of 18, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I can only guess on this, but A) are the cinematics being played off of the CD or the hard drive? and B) try disabling audio completely and see if the video portion works properly.

Reply 4 of 18, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by kukus444 Hmm, i dont really understand what you mean with off of the cd.

I mean that it has to access certain files to play these cutscenes. Are they playing from the hard drive ? or the CD-ROM?

Reply 6 of 18, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by kukus444 Ok then i understand, it is played from the CD-ROM

Assuming you are running this on XP with VDMSound and are using the GUI launcher...what settings are you using for CD-ROM access?

Did you enable low-level CD-ROM support (MSCDEX)?
If not, are you using SAPUCDEX as a replacement for it?
Are you running it without either of these?

Note that some video player formats in DOS are may be hostile to running in an NT environment and might not play smoothly regardless of circumstances....

Reply 8 of 18, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by kukus444 i can only chose the original VDMSound thing. But i have the vdmsound launchpad installed.

The first time you run anything with the launchpad it creates a VDMSound shortcut with the extension .VLP .

You right click on this shortcut and choose "Properties, and you will see the window I am talking about (Below Left). If it doesn't work properly you can choose the Advanced option and add SAPUCDEX to the AUTOEXEC.BAT box (presuming you have already installed SAPUCDEX into your Window's System32 directory).

Remember, SAPUCDEX replaces the low-level support. Do not try both at the same time.

Attachments

• Filename
    mscdex.gif
    File size
    29.08 KiB
    Downloads
    301 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 9 of 18, by kukus444

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmmm.....do i have to make a .bat file or something??

Attachments

• lolg.gif
    Filename
    lolg.gif
    File size
    58.57 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

- Kukus444 has spoken!

Reply 10 of 18, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That is not a DOS executable. It is a Windows shortcut or possibly a PIF. You need to go to the directory that you installed the game in and use the musical note "Run with VDMS" on that.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 12 of 18, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Firstly, turn on the ability to see file extensions. (Folder Options CPL)
You'll want to right-click and choose the "Run with VDMS" with the musical icon on the "LOLR" that does NOT have an icon.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 14 of 18, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by kukus444 So you mean that i shall create a file named LOLR??

No, he meant LOLG, just turn on your extensions option so you can see the full names of these files. Notice in your file listing, you have 5 files that appear to have the same name. This is because your filename extensions are turned off.

By the way, It looks like there is a Win95 executable in there. Why aren't you running the Windows version?

Reply 16 of 18, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by kukus444 but it "is" the win95 executable im running

Then you have 1 of 2 situations.

1) It's actually a DOS executable that was simply made to work well with Windows. In that case you you should proceed as if it were an normal DOS executable.

or

2) It really is a Windows executable and you shouldn't be trying to run it with VDMSound.

Reply 17 of 18, by PointMan12

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My cuts scene work for a little while and then start to get extremely choppy, why is this? Playing it under the combatibility WITH patch doesnt do anything. Win95-98 work but skip audio and video during cutscenes and Windows NT-2000 cutscenes work with audio but like I said before the video gets choppy during the middle to the end of the cutscene.

Reply 18 of 18, by mr_dead_meat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

would be nice if an admin reading this would delete my previous posts to this thread so only this one is the main one:

HERE IS YOUR SOLUTION!

To avoid the choppy cutscenes, go into your lol2 folder, right click the lolg95.exe and set to NT 4 (service pack 5) compatabilitiy mode. No more choppy cutscenes! WUUUUUU

UPDATE ON SOLUTION
But I have found that when you put it to NT 4 (service pack 5) compatabilitiy mode and you are in the jungle and want to visit khylais hut you can't for some reason. What you need to do is change the compatability on your lolg95.exe to windows 98/ME. Change it back to NT 4 (service pack 5) compatabilitiy mode after you are done with her to avoid choppy cutscenes.

More update

When you meet your four armed friend, for him to accompany you over the bridge. Then you need to set compatibility back to win98 or it will crash.

Another update: When you meet your armed friend, and he starts to walk with you over the bridge, it will take a VERY LONG TIME. To avoid this, use DOSBOX for the short walk. And at the dracoid ruins later when you summon the statue of belail he just walks around forever. Use dosbox here to overcome this issue.