VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by photon6786

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry, I am VERY COMPLETLY new to DOSbox, its a very nice program though. I made a shortcut on my desktop, and any old dos game I want to play, I just drag the executable over the shortcut for DOSbox, and it automatically loads the game. Nice and simple. I tried playing Kings Quest 5. When I go to save the game, it says it does not have enough space to save the game. I am sure there is a simple fix, and I have probably overlooked something in the readme, but any help would be GREATLY appreciated

Reply 1 of 2, by dougdahl

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If you have the cd version, have you installed it yet? Otherwise you might be running it off the cd instead of the hard drive. And trying to save onto the read-only cd. Either that or make sure you have read-write access to the KQ5 install directory.
If you haven't installed you will probably have to use some options for mounting the cd. The details should be in the Dosbox README. Probably have to start with the "-t cdrom" option.

Reply 2 of 2, by Lofty

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Not sure what the problem is. The only idea that comes to mind is to check your KQ folder isn't write-protected using windows explorer.

Are you using windows? I think there's a windows version of KQ5 that works even in XP. If you have it, there's a thread here about getting it working:
Re: Kings Quest 5/6 and dosbox