VOGONS

Common searches

Conquest of the New World

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by trax|

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi!

Im trying to get this game (Conquest of the New World) to work on my computer. The game is from 1996, i use XP and this is the problem:

I can start the game, when it has started i come to the gamemeny (choose online game, single player etc) and i can hear the music. But if i move my mouse just a little bit it all freezes and i have to reboot. I've tryed to run it in win 95/98 compitable mode and 256 color and 648x480 resoultion, didn't work. Also tryed DOSBox - didn't work.

Do you guys have any idea of what i can do to make it work?
If you need any comp. spec. just tell me and i'll post them.

Btw, sorry for my grammar and typos, im from sweden.. so please be gentle. 😀

Reply 4 of 6, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by trax| The version i have is the Deluxe version, and it's the DOS version.

If you could, please fill out the information on your system specs in your personal "profile". Include your O.S., processor, Memory, Video card etc... This way we don't have to ask these questions for each problem you come across.

The "Compatibility modes" of XP are only for Windows programs, not DOS. So they won't help.

The DOS version needs VESA, and most VESA support in XP is poor. This depends on what video card you have. You might have to use a tool like NOLFB.COM or similar tool to force use of an alternate video mode.

Change the game's configuration to use no sound. Open a command prompt then go the game's directory. Start the game from the command prompt. Does it seem to run properly?

Kinda funny, cuz on the box it says "Not for sale outside North America"

IDSA "Special Forces" are on their way...

Reply 5 of 6, by Hazekel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I am having similar problems with this great game. It is is the CD DOS version. I have been able to get it running EXTREMELY slowly on DOSBOX 0.65 and I am hoping that there has been some new info on this game since this post was originally made. Increasing cyles and framerate do not help much at all. It takes five mintues just to load the game, as opposed to two seconds on my old Windows95 machine.