VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by 1Berlin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi there,

I try to connect my old but still usefull HP 200 LX via the 'HP Connectivity Pack' Command Set LLRA (Lap Link Remote Access) from Win XP.

Has anybody any experience with that ? I tried several parameter configuration already, but it still won't work.

Thanks for your Help

Klaus form Berlin

Reply 1 of 3, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

hmm I was able to do it on a laptop with win98.

I think I had to play with the comport settings abit.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 3, by Talus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm not sure the transfer functions of the HP Connectivity Pack work under XP. I would suggest you try Transfile 200 or HPLX File (which is a command line program but works under Windows) from here:

http://www.volny.cz/zampach/hplx/page1.html

You can also find a transfer plugin for the Total Commander file manager on the same page.

Reply 3 of 3, by 1Berlin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks everybody for your tips. I know these mentinoed prog's, but both of them have disadvantages, mainly the limited speed and the fact, that they don't work with the good old batch-operations.

So I tried some more paramaters (in v 0.65) with disabled sound devices and the serial definition
serial1=directserial REALPORT:COM1 IRQ:4 STARTBPS:19200

So, with that parameter-set, I get the error-message
> serial port at 3f8: opening COM 1
> serial port at 3f8: write to reserved register, value 0x7, register 2
> serial port at 3f8: write to reserved register, value 0x0, register 2
> serial port at 3f8: write to reserved register, value 0x3, register 2
> ....

If I delete the REALPORT-Setting, I don't get the error-messages, but I still doesn't work.

The settings, for COM1, IRQ and 3F8 seem right to me, because with the same parameters TFWin and Total-Cmd are working.

Any more ideas around there ?