VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by zig

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello

does anybody know if it is possible to run Settlers 2 on a LCD screen ?
When I launch it I get a display problem coming from screen refresh rate (which doesn't make sense on a LCD screen) 😒
Does any solution exists ?

thx

zig

Reply 3 of 13, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

run it with dosbox 0.65 and substitute dos4gw.exe with dos32a.exe.

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 6 of 13, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

backup dos4gw.exe (found in your settlers2 directory) and rename dos32a.exe to dos4gw.exe then place it in your settlers2 directory. (then run the game with dosbox 0.65)

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 7 of 13, by zig

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is it necessary to run it with dosbox ? I did it with the microsoft dos emulator (in windows xp), and it didn't work.
When I try to use dosbox on Linux (Debian), I get another problem, about image loading...

I'll may try with dosbox on windows...

Reply 8 of 13, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

yes... windows and dosbox.

my website

Reply 9 of 13, by zig

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok it works !

thanks !

but it runs a bit slow... I tried to increase cycles up to 90% of my CPU and to set core+full in dosbox.conf, but it is still difficult to play 😒
Do you know if it's possible to make the game more playable ?

Reply 12 of 13, by bugs_bugger

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The smotthness of Settlers 2 depends strongly on map size and visible area. Very small maps run smoothly, but if you want to play FanPaign, you will have live with 0.5 fps.