VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ArmyMoose

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am trying to run Shadow Warrior in VESA 2.0 but I get awful graphics, the monsters are all sorts of colors and so are my weapons but the level it self looks fine. I have tried different resolutions with no luck. The normal mode looks fine how ever.

Specs: AMD athlon xp 2600, ATI Radeon 9700, Sound blaster audigy with sb16 emu dos drivers installed and running Win98SE.

Reply 1 of 5, by krischn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am trying to run Shadow Warrior in VESA 2.0 but I get awful graphics

As with most id and 3DRealms FPS games, I would recommend to use a source port rather than DOSBox. They provide for higher resolutions, enhanced graphics, better sound. You can still play in 320x240px, however.

In your case, I guess you'd be best off getting the one found at the following location:
http://jonof.edgenetwork.org/index.php?p=jfsw

Krischn

Reply 3 of 5, by Wintermute

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
wd wrote:

He's running the game under dos (or win98/dual boot or something),
not dosbox or by using some port.

Did krischn say otherwise? No!
In fact he gave him the very good tip to use the port instead.

Reply 4 of 5, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Err - the ports aren't nessesary in Windows 98, which I'm guessing it why the poster decided to install it in the first place.

Perhaps the card isn't completely friendly with dos VESA modes? Maybe try SciTech Display Doctor (do a search) and see if it helps any.

Reply 5 of 5, by krischn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

He's running the game under dos (or win98/dual boot or something),
not dosbox or by using some port.

Did krischn say otherwise? No!
In fact he gave him the very good tip to use the port instead.

Err - the ports aren't nessesary in Windows 98, which I'm guessing it why the poster decided to install it in the first place.

No need to quarrel over this, guys. By the way, ArmyMoose, are you still there? 😊

The original post had not been answered for weeks and months, and suddenly--within hours, everyone's got to give their two cents.

Krischn