VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by jamar190

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

😊 Hello, I just learned the hard way, that I needed a dos emulator for my daughter to play an old pacman game called Chompster. Although, Im not familar with it, I did understand how to get it going since I used to play games on snes. Question: When I type in the game to run it (I have it download on my pc) I get a "load error- NO DPMI get csdpmi*b.zip." If anyone is familar with what I can do at this point to get the game going, I would truly appreciate it. I did learn, I think that this is for the memory, & I did find it and downloaded the file to my dosbox directory, as it states in the instructions. After this, I am lost. Thank you so much for any help you can give me.
Note: PLease explain step by step for I am not too familar with this.
I have a new Dell XP. Thx 😀

Reply 1 of 6, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=cwsdpmi& … G=Google+Search

First link.

Click on the "binary" link and download it. Then unpack the files inside to your game directory.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 6, by jamar190

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, thanks for your quick response. No luck. I unzipped it into my game directory, but again-keeps prompting me to get DPMI. Is there anything that I am missing here? Just to review I unzipped it into the actual directory of the game itself. If you could further advise me, I would be so grateful.

Reply 5 of 6, by jamar190

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sure, all I did was download and unzipped the DPMI EXE program directly into the games directory. Then I just hit alt-enter after the game started up in a small window and it changed to full screen. As for as speeding the game up, I just hit ctrl-f12 and the game sped up. The choppiness slowly went away.