VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by crusader

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I already used the forum search, but Audigy Dos Driver gave 5406 results, and from what I saw, none had anything to do with Audigy Dos Driver.
I have the audigy 1 with the original driver cd, and from Win98SE, I installed the DosDrivers. Installation worked flawless, and when booting, the sb16-emulation is initialized without a hitch. So far, so good.

But the soundcard is not recognized in any of the dos games, be it painfully old games like W3D or be it a newer game with a "Win95Run" like ROTH.

There is another emulator here:
http://www.mbudde.de/mp3player/files/emu10dos.zip

But initialization fails because of a wrong IRQ. There is a readme for this driver saying: "If the soundcard doesn't want to work:
Try to modify the IRQ of the soundcard, but I don't know really how..."

Any ideas?

Reply 1 of 1, by 5u3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Never used those Audigy/SBLive/EMU10k DOS drivers, but I think the reason why both drivers won't work is the IRQ. It probably has to be set to 5 or 7 for the emulation to run. Try changing the IRQ in the Windows device settings for the card.
Note that many games still will have trouble with the Audigy DOS emulation. If you want true SB compatibility, there is no way around a real ISA SoundBlaster card.