VOGONS

Common searches

King's Quest VI

Topic actions

First post, by DOS_Boy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello fellas. I now it is unusual to do it here, but i really need some help on this game. I'm playing it guided by the walkthrough, and everything went ok up to now. After getting the magic map and being transported to the island of the beast, the walkthrough said i should to the green creature on the tree. But i just don´t see this creaure. Where is it?? HELP!!!

"But listen to me brother, you just keep on walking, 'cause you and me and sister ain't got nothing to hide..." - Scatman John

Reply 2 of 20, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah that creature won't be there until after you've talked to the bookworm on the Isle of Wonder (the screen to the right as soon as you arrive). Of course you have to solve the many problems with the natives first 😉

(god I need to play this game again.....)

Reply 3 of 20, by DOS_Boy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

oK, so I talked to the 5 gnomes, gave the right item to each one, on the right of the island, i talked to the black widow, got the paper that says "love", and whe i talk to the book worm, the only thing he says to me is: "hey, hands off the goods, son". And if I talk to it with the talk icon, it's like: "Anyone there in the books? No one here (replyes the worm)". What am I doing wrong?

"But listen to me brother, you just keep on walking, 'cause you and me and sister ain't got nothing to hide..." - Scatman John

Reply 4 of 20, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well its been ages since I played this game, so I'm not completely sure. 😮

Did you grab that piece of paper in the water just as you arrive on the Isle of Wonder? Did you get the pearl from the clam? Have you visited the Isle of the Beast?

The dangling creature won't help right away anyway, he'll appear when you really need it 😉

Reply 6 of 20, by DOS_Boy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

avatar_58, I did everything you've mentioned, but didn't talk to Ali about the magic book though. I'm running to work now, but it's the first thing i'll do as soon as I get home! So far so good, thank you all guys!

Reply 10 of 20, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The Windows version works nicly in DOSBox. I'm just trying to get better MIDI sound in Win3.11

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 12 of 20, by DOS_Boy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

By the way, I did it people! Thanks a lot for you're huge help! 😀

Reply 15 of 20, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sadly I can never seem to get motivation to play some older games again. 🙁 His query would have kind of 'forced' me to do it 😉

Actually if I'm going to get back into the sierra games I might as well start at the beginning.