Common searches

Tomb Raider on a Retro Machine

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 22, by Great Hierophant

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I wonder, if they are also present with the original Voodoo.

I can't be certain, but I do believe they will show with the original Voodoo as well. After all, if the white outlines show around Lara's left hand and gun blasts, I think they will show the seams between the textures. Tomb Raider simply wasn't built for 3D accelerators I guess. I will see when I get a chance.

Reply 21 of 22, by valnar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I want to build a patched and self-contained \TOMBRAID folder with all data and everything I need to play the game in Glide mode for DOSBox. I have everything but a CD emulator or a patch that can eliminate the CD for TombRaider. Is there one available that can work with DOSBox? Or better yet, is there a particular directory structure I can build within the C:\TOMBRAID folder that eliminates the need for the CD?

Thanks,
Robert

Reply 22 of 22, by gidierre

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

>I have everything but a CD emulator or a patch that can eliminate the CD for TombRaider. Is there one available that can work with DOSBox?

No. Not a single one afaik.
Nor a virtualized iso cdrom has ever worked for me and did I try hard to do precisely what you plan. Within Dosbox or in Windows, you always need the cdrom.
If you find a way please let us know.