VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by HopelessComposer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey all, I'm just wondering if any of you know where I can get a fully working version of the original Alone in the Dark. I've bought the game twice - once for the 3do way back, and once for DOS (also way back 😁 ) Anyway, I lost both of them over the years, and now I'm looking to experience Alone in the Dark again. I'd obviously rather download it for free than buy it on Ebay or whatever, as that'd be faster (and cheaper.) If downloading it for free is illegal, (probably is) you could just PM me and nudge me in the right direction...not so that I can download it, just so I can uhm...look 😉

Anyway, thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it. ^ ^

Reply 1 of 6, by HopelessComposer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmmm, actually, the only problem I'm having with the version I have now is that the main character isn't reading the letters/books/whatever that I'm picking up. I clearly remember him doing this, at least in the 3do version. Maybe the dialouge was just taken out of the DOS version of the game? I don't know. Anyway, maybe what I'm really looking for is a ROM for the 3do version...not that I'm asking, of course. 😉

Reply 5 of 6, by Wintermute

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yes, Neurmancer was a really great book (Should be obvious, that I have this opinion judging from my nick name. 😉 )

The CD-Rom Version of Alone in the Dark plays Digital Music and cutscene audio directly from the CD-Audio tracks, but I don't think that reading normal manuscripts in the game feature speech (though I am not totally sure about this, since this is a long time ago).
You say, that the 3do version has complete speech throughout the game?