VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by deadite66

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thanks to the boot via floppy tip i can now run crusader but i find a lot of the time the screen is at the wrong size, either the picture is stretched out vertically or horizontally.
i have to reboot the virtual pc or try switching from fullscreen/windowed mode to make it correct.

does anyone know of a fix to make it work properly.

Reply 1 of 5, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Virtual PC is never going to work very well. I've only touched it a couple times, maybe someone else has a suggestion, but it's a pretty mediocre piece of software as far as actually working is concerned. You might even have better luck with Bochs, heh.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 2 of 5, by deadite66

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok cheers i'll give it a go.

update
looks like bochs cant handle protected mode

Event type: PANIC
Device: [CPU ]

Last edited by deadite66 on 2003-03-29, 18:49. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 3 of 5, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Snover Virtual PC is never going to work very well.

Well DosFreak said that v5.0 couldn't, but that 5.1 ran it fine (except for "weak" audio).

In any case that one is on my list of "Reasons to Dual-Boot".

but it's a pretty mediocre piece of software as far as actually working is concerned.

Actually, it's quite handy...just not for game-playing.

You might even have better luck with Bochs, heh.

*Woof* That's cruel. Bochs is a major headache just getting it set up for basic operation.

Reply 4 of 5, by deadite66

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Nicht Sehr Gut wrote:

In any case that one is on my list of "Reasons to Dual-Boot".

i would of dual booted into msdos if it wasnt for my audigy card not having dos level drivers (thank you creative).

Reply 5 of 5, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by deadite66 i would of dual booted into msdos if it wasnt for my audigy card not having dos level drivers

If you enter "Audigy DOS drivers" into the Quick Search box at the top right of the page you'll see varying reports about using the Audigy with DOS. There are some DOS drivers you can try in this thread:
showthread.php?threadid=1282

Bochs has numerous issues that you must be familiar with before you can really use it (like the PIT setting that you must change to prevent some very strange responses...). In any case, it's useless for anything that needs visuals that move at any speed (redraw is horribly slow).