VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by gospyro

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

if anybody is on the forum now please help me. i dont know what the program means by using a directory, and im pretty sure i created one i have dosbox 0.65 installed on my computer, im pretty sure i made a correct foloder to store my dosgames, i called the folder dosprog, which have odelldownunder on it and dynotycoon. Ive already tried mounting numerous times, but each attempt i get
Z:\mount> c:drive in DosBox/dosgames
Usage MOUNT Drive-Letter Local-Directory
So a MOUNT c c:\windows mounts windows directory as the c: drive in DOSBOX

IM guessing there has to be a nerd or geek willing to lend a helping hand that would be terrific, you nerds and nerdetts and geeks and geeketts are sweet!
-Dash

Dash:)

Reply 1 of 2, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Where did you create that folder for storing the games?

Have you tried mount C ~/dosprog ?
Or mount C /Users/your-login-name/Documents/dosprog ?

Also - did you read this: 60 seconds guide to getting your game to run in DOSBox

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 2, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
gospyro wrote:

Hey thank you for the info but it still doesnt work for me. my game files are saved in a made up file in my documents, i named the folder dosprog which includes odell down under and dyno tycoon. this is what i tried to type exactly in order to mount dosprog

users/your-login-name/documents/DosBox/Mygame

And I asked you to type

mount C /Users/your-login-name/Documents/dosprog

It seems you made the followin changes when you tried to type exactly what I wrote:

1. You omitted the command mount.
  2. You omitted the space after the mount command.
  3. You omitted the / from the path starting with /Users.
  4. You changed the uppercase U to a lowercase u.

You aren't that good at following instructions, are you?

gospyro wrote:

I left the users alone and i was wondering what log in name it wants, is it the log in name i used for the game site i downloaded from orr.. idk.

The login name should be the name you use when you log on to your Mac. Something like gospyro, perhaps???

gospyro wrote:

and for the Mygame part. i typed in my fodler name with my saved games...

What?? Where did that Mygame come from? I asked you to type

mount C /Users/your-login-name/Documents/dosprog

since you in a previous post said:

gospyro wrote:

im pretty sure i made a correct foloder to store my dosgames, i called the folder dosprog

You really should learn to follow instructions...

gospyro wrote:

another question what does it mean by a directory? is that the folder i made containing my names is it supposed to be named or saved a certain way??

A directory = A folder.

gospyro wrote:

i also tried typing
mount c~/dosprog idk im so confused what is the games directory i raplace it with:(

And I wrote mount, uppercase C, a space, and then ~/dosprog. You left out the space.