VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Twister

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok hopefully someone knows how to fix this 😀 I have read the forums on all topics i could find about Xcom while searching, but couldnt find what i'm looking for.

I'm running the 'retail' CD version of Xcom apoc on WinXp Pro. From what i've read, I should be using mouse2kv, VDMS, and some CD emulator fix. Well i can't get those 3 to run together. Best i can do is run the CD fix alone, but then i get very slow mouse (i.e. unplayable) and no sound ... and i can't get any of the movies to play either. If i try to run either VDMS or mouse2kv, it crashes back immediately. If someone has easy steps to fix this, feel free to share the info 😀

Reply 2 of 4, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Twister From what i've read, I should be using mouse2kv, VDMS, and some CD emulator fix. Well i can't get those 3 to run together. Best i can do is run the CD fix alone,...

You're following the advice from here?:
http://www.xcomufo.com/xcom3fix.html

You might have to ask the author what's it's actually doing. Even by his own advice it shouldn't interfere with operation. Hrrmm...Gustyboy didn't have this problem.

Reply 3 of 4, by Jenesis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have (what may be) the same problem. I have a retail CD copy of X-COM Apocalypse which, with the help of the link Nicht Sehr Gut posted, now runs, and has VDMS sound. However, I'm not sure how to get Mouse2kv working. I've done it successfully with System Shock by specifying the resolution, multipliers and exe path. If I try to use another copy of the Mouse2kv.exe with the XCom3.bat file as the path set in Mousefix.bat, however, I get a series of similar error messages, all including 'The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.'

Here's where I get stuck. Both the Mousefix.bat and XCom3.bat specify executables to run - how do I integrate the two to run together?