VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by say days ago

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just tried to install this game on my XP system, and I get this error.

F:\>install
Cache System Enabled
32 bit mem avail: 15594480
Available memory: 15601064
FATAL ERROR ENCOUNTERED:
VESA driver not found, please load one and run the game again

Error code: 0x0600
Code found in: MASTER.M4E
Offending EXE: I.EXE
Source code index: ..\video\vidwrap.cpp:13
Path to EXE: F:\

help

Reply 1 of 8, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Originally posted by say days ago Just tried to install this game on my XP system, and I get this error. F:\>install Cache Syst […]
Show full quote

Originally posted by say days ago Just tried to install this game on my XP system, and I get this error.

F:\>install
Cache System Enabled
32 bit mem avail: 15594480
Available memory: 15601064
FATAL ERROR ENCOUNTERED:
VESA driver not found, please load one and run the game again...

It's a common error as it was created for older VESA cards and apparently some of those commands aren't properly implemented in newer video cards. I'll try to find mine, or a demo, and give this a try when I can.

BTW, you left out you system specs except for the OS. You can place them in your profile and you won't have to type them out every time... Especially critical here is your video card.

Reply 2 of 8, by say days ago

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

In know this probably makes me sound stupid, but how do i find out all my system specs. I know my hard drive space and memory and stuff, but i got this computer from a friend, and I didnt get the boxes or anything, so im not sure what kind of video card is in it.

Reply 3 of 8, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by say days ago ...but how do i find out all my system specs.

Easiest way at present would probably be the "Belarc Advisor" at:
http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

When you install it, it generates a very detailed web page (locally, on your computer, not the web). Just remember to not give out details like in the "Software Licenses" group. That would let others swipe your serial numbers.

BTW, I found my "Master Lu" CD and it looks like this is another "Hates NT" title. Couldn't get anything in XP. Even in 98SE, I couldn't get any audio.

When I tested it on an older PC with an old PCI video card, ISA sound card and Windows 98: it ran fine.

Reply 4 of 8, by say days ago

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hmm, so theres probably no way to run it on XP comp?
this is what it said under display:

RADEON 7000 Series [Display adapter]
NEC A900 [Monitor] (17.7"vis, s/n 8Y05236AD, October 1998)

if you need other info, please tell me.

Reply 6 of 8, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by say days ago hmm, so theres probably no way to run it on XP comp?

No easy way, unfortunately.

RADEON 7000 Series [Display adapter]

VESA 3.0 certified. So it's capable of plenty of VESA/SVGA modes.

If your drive has a FAT or a FAT32 partition, you might be able to run it using a boot disk. Unfortunately, it appears to very picky about soundcards...meaning you might not be able to get any audio. What kind of soundcard/audio chipset do you have?

If you're desperate enough, "Virtual PC 5.1" seems to run it adequately. Problem being is that its more than $200 and intended primarily for running business applications.

There is a demo available that works for 45 days (you have to register for a serial number to run the demo).
http://preview.connectix.com/trial/download.html

You would have to install DOS or Windows 9x on the "Virtual PC" to run "Master Lu" on it.

Reply 8 of 8, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by say days ago How would I go about installing dos on a new PC?

Well that should be explained in the documentation with the VirtualPC program. Basically, you create a virtual drive with the program (use the "Virtual Disk Wizard"), then create a virtual PC (PC Setup Wizard).

Grab a DOS or a Win9x bootdisk from http://www.bootdisk.com , then boot from that floppy (leave it in the drive when your start up your Virtual PC). You then use FDISK and FORMAT to prepare a bootable partition. Once you start up Virtual PC you treat like a real PC. FDISKing, then formatting thing the drive with /S parameter will make it bootable. Be aware that you may need more of the OS than that which comes on the bootdisk.

Of course, this all requires general DOS knowledge. Are you at all familiar with that?