VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by hajime

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello!
Some months ago I read from a nice dude a tutorial for DRDOS (but now can't find the webpage again 😢 ), and he spoke,among many things, about how to change the typical 'black background and white letters' to other combinations of colours...
Is that also possible in FreeDOS? Could someone tell me the appropiate command?

Thanx 😉

Reply 5 of 7, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
DosFreak wrote:

It's COLORS! 😀

Not in England, since I always write colours like this. And that is because I choose to write British English with a swipe of diferent dialects, plus a little bit Oxford english also. And I aim to speak English in the British way. But that doesn´t mean I can´t choose the color of my life being more varied 😉 So behave Sir. So to hajime , just choose to use the British English way of writing. Since there is a reason why I write most of the time in that way.

wd wrote:

Only for those messy american english guys 😉

hmmm well I only point it out, when I am teasing Americans . Not in reality, but well what can I say , other than those who feel writing it colors instead of colours, then go ahead. But don´t mix the two languages at an exam, since then you will get a bad grade/mark on your exams paper.

Reply 6 of 7, by 5u3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It's not easy for us non-native English speakers to differentiate between the British and American way of spelling (Just had a look at the Wikipedia page, well, this comes from basing orthography on a dictionary dated 1755 🤣).
I usually don't care and pick the version I like best; many American variants look a bit over-simplified to me, while British spelling can tie your mind in knots sometimes 😉.

@hajime: Is it true that there are spelling reforms every few years in Spain?

Reply 7 of 7, by hajime

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
5u3 wrote:

@hajime: Is it true that there are spelling reforms every few years in Spain?

Mhhmhmhmhm...Even that I have lived here for so long, I can't answer since I don't know for sure, but I have seen teachers who teach British English, and some others (not too many, I think) who prefer American... But what is true is that each few years there are educational reforms (in most subjects).