VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by mcdull

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am using DOSBox 6.5 and the game runs well. However, the game cannot display properly in full screen. No matter which rendering option i tried (e.g. surface, overlay, opengl, ddraw), the game will run in a smaller portion of the screen and feels stretched to a wider aspect ratio.

I have tried options such as fullscreen, scaler, doublebuffering, aspect ratio, etc. but none of them displayed the output to the full screen. Other games are okay.

I am using a LCD running at native resolution of 1280x1024. However, changing the desktop resolution doesn't help either.

Can someone advise on setting for this game as the general fullscreen settings suggested by the others do not work in my case? Thank you!

Reply 1 of 6, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

the game isn't made for that resolution. You do realize that ?
try playing the the fullresolution setting of DOSbox and the aspect option

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 6, by mcdull

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for your reply!

i know the resolution of the game isn't 1280x1024. I have already tried fullscreen on/off and aspect option on/off but that doesn't help.

If I use VDMS to run the game then it can be displayed properly but MT-32 emulation can't work with it. So, I need a solution to make it run in DOSBox.

In fact, the game doesn't even display properly in windowed mode as it looks stretched to a wider aspect ratio.

Reply 4 of 6, by mcdull

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Do you mean fullscreen=true?

If so, I have already tried many times as mentioned in my earlier posts. It does display in fullscreen but the top and bottom parts of the screen are not utilized by the game (either black or white depending on my rendering option) and as a result, the game looks like a stretched 16:9 which definitely doesn't look like the way it is supposed to be.

Or do u actually mean something else about fullscreen which I misunderstood as fullscreen=true in dosbox.conf?

Reply 5 of 6, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

0.65 has an option called fullresolution.
It might look like fullscreen to you, but it is something else.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 6 of 6, by mcdull

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

sorry about my misunderstanding on fullscreen and fullresolution.

I did altered the fullresolution from original, 320x240, 640x480,....,1280x1024. None of them looks proper with or without aspect option on.

I am not sure if there are people reported issues on Legend's games in DOSBox? I tried Spellcasting 201 and the screen looks stretched as well.

Is it because the game was in EGA mode and would not resize to VGA resolution in DOSBox?