VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Apos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have this HUGE problem (Like nobody has). The sound setup on Full Throttle wont even start when i try, so i cant set the sound card. It sucks and i have to run the whole thing without sound. Can anyone plz help me??

I am the best.
If im NOT the best, read the line above.

Reply 1 of 7, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

First of all, Full Throttle is a DOS game, not a Windows game. Second, there's no way to help you unless you follow the posting guidelines (specifically, we need more info on your system)

Reply 2 of 7, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by HunterZ First of all, Full Throttle is a DOS game, not a Windows game.

Well, there is a Windows version now, but he's obviously referring to the DOS version, so I went ahead and moved the thread to the DOS forum.

Second, there's no way to help you unless you follow the posting guidelines ...

Seriously...not even the OS.
Way too many "wild geese" to chase here... Also, try to give more detail than "The sound setup ...wont even start..."

Are you just double-clicking the setup program?...running it from a command prompt? If you're running it from a command prompt, does it appear to lock up when you start SETUP? quit with errors? quit without errors? screen goes blank? ...?

Reply 3 of 7, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There's a Windows version? Is it something they released in a multi-game pack (like one of their lucasarts archives) or something? That would be nice to get my hands on, although I suppose running the DOS version with SCUMMVM will be at least as good once they get full support for it (last I checked the action sequences and some other things weren't supported). And then of course I could always play with VDMSound - I don't think it would behave too badly, although it's a protected-mode game and the installer uses a hi-res EGA or VGA mode (16 color 640-by-something).

Sorry to get off-topic 😜

Reply 4 of 7, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by HunterZ There's a Windows version? Is it something they released in a multi-game pack (like one of their lucasarts archives) or something?

Yes, and yes:
http://www.game.uk.com/review.asp?tab=pc&rev_id=148901

Only available in the U.K., last I heard.

This article covers some of the details about the SCUMM engine port:
http://www.aarongiles.com/scumm/index.html

There was also an article that compared the new SCUMM port with that of ScummVM. That, of course, I can't find anymore.

Reply 5 of 7, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The game.uk.com link doesn't work for me - it just redirects me to shop.game.net's main page.

Interesting that a Windows-based SCUMM interpreter was made but that LucasArts hasn't allowed it to be released for free. Maybe the interpreter has to be different for each game?

Reply 6 of 7, by bgbennyboy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Link is here now.

Yeah the interpreter has to be different for each game because each game is a different SCUMM version. Its correct aspect ratio function is nice and is something it has over ScummVM at the moment.

It's available in Holland now too, some links here

This is a quick summary I wrote when it first came out.

Last edited by bgbennyboy on 2003-04-09, 21:21. Edited 1 time in total.