VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by vampyre_tech

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

As of 23:30 EST on Dec 26th, another DOS machine is resurrected and ticking. After browsing the forums here for a few weeks, I was finally able to get and configure all the software needed to get my machine working. The first game I loaded up was Under A Killing Moon and watched the smooth FMV roll across the screen and the great MIDI sound reminiscent of the 40's and 50's blaring in the background.

As a quick background, I stopped using DOS as I didn't have much time starting college in '98. Now almost a decade later, nostalgia has kicked into overdrive when I uncovered a trunk full of 100's of my old games that I had stashed away years ago. Over the past week, I've gathered up a bunch of old parts from friends, and unwrapped the AWE32 that I swore I would never get rid of. The only thing I didn't have was software. After, downloading creative drivers from their site, I started searching all over on how to get the MIDI configured. Finally, I stumbled across this site and my answer was staring back at me from one of the posts here. I had completely forgotten about the AWE32 re-mapping and needing "E620 T6" to activate and work properly.

I just wanted to thank the crew here for the help and hopefully I can get all the games installed and working on here flawlessly. 😁

P-III 500 | Intel 440BX | 512 PC133 | 40 Gig Maxtor | Creative 52X | Sound Blaster AWE 32 | Voodoo 5 5500 PCI | 3.5 & 5.25 Drives