VOGONS

Common searches

Stike Commander Tactical ops issue, plus joystick problem

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by MusicEdNC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all, hope everyone is having a good christmas. I recently found Strike Commander, the Speech pack and extra missions, and have a couple of issues perhaps someone around here can help me with. First off-

Running via DosBox .65
Windows XP, 2Gigs of RAM
GForce 6600

Joystick Problem:

Game loads up fine, and it asks me to calibrate joystick. I calibrate it, and it gives me the "joystick calibration is not correct" and makes me do it again. Will not accept any variations.

Install problem for tactical ops:

Keep in mind the main game plus the speech pack installed with no hitches. I go to install the add on, and after choosing my floppy drive (really on my HD, mounted to A it gives the following error -

"Drive Error. This usually means that the selected drive does not have enough free space available to run tactical ops. Hit any key to continue"

Hitting a key just makes the error message pop back up. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance -

levi

Reply 4 of 13, by MusicEdNC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the responses. The version I got was from HOTU. I had the original SC ages ago. (If I'm not mistaken it was the last game I played on the 386 before I moved up to the 486) but I never had the speech pack or TO to go with it. But anyways, on the HOTU version it is 3 seperate installs.

So no other options other then to wait for the next DosBox release and hope it makes it better? Thanks in advance!

Levi

Reply 10 of 13, by Neville

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Uhmm... You shouldn't post in an existing, unrelated thread. And there's also the chance that your query has been answered before. Try using the search option.

But now that I'm here, I'll give it a try: have you tried looking for a no-cd patch? If you already have the full install, there are chances this could help.

I know this isn't exactly a solution, but it may be the most practical option.

Reply 12 of 13, by johnqp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, had the exact same problem, and I solved it using the "-a" option
Use the dos box to go to your virtual a: drive type the executable - in this case "install" followed by the "-a" switch - like this : install -a
And there you have it, the tactical ops installed with out a problem
Hope this helps