VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by puertoalto

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Good evening,
I have been troubling myself with this question for quite some time and have so far been unable to locate any solution for my problem (except a handful of other people who seemed to have the same problem as me)

I run my games via D-fend, using latest version of Dos-box, VDM 2.0.4, have a standard centrino 1,6 ghz dell config with 512 ram and xp sp. 2.

My problem is, I cannot for my life, get the old Bullfrog classic Theme Park (not World) to save a game AND I cannot get any sound.
As for the sound, it is the same problem as with the save game, is that any data changed in the setup will NOT save onto the .config file. Similarily a saved game will not save into the directory, i will get an error message that the path is invaldi, even thought i check it about 100 times (literally).
When I install the game, it creates a game directory called "Theme.cd", however is simply does not want to save into it.

I dont mind the sound so much, but I would be ever so happy if there were a way that I could save a game. Im not the most Dos literate (except playing the odd game of maniac mansion and leisuresuit larry on it as a kid). If anyone knows of a solution and would not mind spedning 5 minutes posting a step by step guide, I would be eternally gratefull 😀

Thank you very much for looking

Reply 1 of 3, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Are you running Windows as a stander user account or are the game files set with the attribute "Read-Only"?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline