VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by jgf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Have been trying to get Chronomaster to run with no luck. Whether in VDMSound, DOSBox, or just clicking the exe in explorer, I get the same message:

DFMEM: Aborted, error=2
Attempt to reference invalid handle.

I have tried virtually every combination of parameters in DOSBox (0.61), including disabling all sound. Have tried forcing 256 color, 640x480, etc. Same with VDMSound. Nothing works. Always the same message.

System is Athlon 2.4+, 512meg, XP SP2, GeForce4 Ti4200, SBLive, MSI mobo.

Reply 1 of 2, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

You should try changing the version parameter from 0.61 to 0.70.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 2, by jgf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The game lists on this site say Chronomaster works under DOSBox 0.63; I d/l'd DOSBox 0.70 and had the same results.

Whether DOSBox 0.63 or 0.70 or VDMSound or just clicking on the exe I get the same error message. Have tried numerous combinations of parameters in each program - and get the same error message. Different vid options - same mesage; different sound options - same message; even no sound - same message.

The game doesn't even begin loading, the error message appears after a few lines on the DOS scsreen (the last being something about midi files programmed by "The Fat Man", this led me to try not selecting any midi options ...didn't help).