VOGONS

Common searches

Daggerfall problems.. And I'm stressing.

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by Dragona

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was reccomended this site from a friend of mine to solve a problem of mine: Running Daggerfall in DosBox.

Now, I searched a few topics on Daggerfall before doing anything, and none of them solved my problems.

It's mainly the CD. I got the patch, the .img of the CD through torrent (I had no choice, you can't find the game anywhere else.) I mounted the game through Daemon Tools. I changed the CD path to E:\ since that's where the CD mounts to.. But the stupid thing still doesn't work! It keeps specifying if the CD is in the drive.

I have used VDM or whatever you called it. It ran fine, but the controls were really buggy (More like I couldn't move backwards nor attack anything) And there was no sound. But running it with DosBox might solve the problems.

I know this game is capable of running on my laptop.. If I can just get rid of that stupid CD prompt in Dosbox! I could probably run it..

Help?

Reply 1 of 4, by Dragona

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay, I finally got through the CD issue. But now I'm experiencing more problems:

I'm currently using Dosbox .63, .65, and .70, and ALL of them freeze at the Main Menu (After the opening). .63 and .65 give me some "Failed to create rumor.DAT"

Help?

EDIT: FINALLY! I got it working! But now it's stuck in the black screen of death after the last video passes by. Why is this happening to me...?

And how come no one's friggin helping me!? This post has been here for 1 or 2 days now!

Reply 2 of 4, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
Dragona wrote:

And how come no one's friggin helping me!? This post has been here for 1 or 2 days now!

Maybe because noone here has Daggerfall?

Maybe it is because we don't feel like helping people with pirated software?

Maybe because a search would show you, that a legit version of Daggerfall (with CD) runs just fine?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 4 of 4, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

*** Locked ***

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions