VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by NeoMoonlight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I seem to have the same problem as many people who have found this game and tried to run it in windows. The game works very well and everything but the colors are all just completely.... wrong.

I have a radeon 1300x and all the updated files. I have tried to use DOSBOX-6.5, but it keeps telling me I have some illegal read error. I have used the DOSBOX and config file from this thread

Genewars

I truely miss this game so I hope someone can help me out with these issues.

Reply 1 of 6, by NeoMoonlight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Fixed it with the Faqs and everything else. Thank you very much its so awesome to play this game again. Its just running slow and choppy on DOSbox so I'm off to find an answer to that one.

Reply 4 of 6, by NeoMoonlight

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Replaced the DOS32a with the old DOS4GW. I'm sure that I messed up somewhere and that is why the error happens. Everything is running fine, I have played up to the fourth or fifth level of the game, but the choppy-ness and the lag start to catch up, any ways I could fix this? I have played with the CPU cycles and skips and that does help but not nearly enough.

Thank you.

Reply 5 of 6, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

If you think you messed something up, why not re-install?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions