VOGONS

Common searches

Return to Zork problems

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by rydam

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can get the music and sounds to work in return to zork, however the people arent speaking on it, the game just skips forward whenever someone is supposed to be speaking. when i start the game up it says, 'no sound driver resident' what does this mean?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Reply 1 of 3, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

in the DOSBox configuration file try changing the sound device from SoundBlaster 16 to the good ol' SoundBlaster.

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 2 of 3, by djgold

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just installed the CD version of RTZ to run with DOSBox 0.7 (in Windows XP). It is unplayably slow. The cutscenes play pretty well with good sound and normal speed, but the interactive part of the game is very slow with both the video and background sound being very choppy. I'm using SB Pro 1 configuration for the sound. I've tried disabling the joystick in the DOSBox configuration, changing the CPU core between dynamic and normal, changing the CPU cycles down to 3000 and up to 90000, but I can't seem to get it to run smoothly. Anyone have any luck or ideas?