Rank Newbie
Rank

I want to create msdos622.img but I don't know to do

Reply 1 of 9, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Insert your MSDOS 6.22 floppy into your floppy drive.
Download Winimage.
Execute Winimage.
In Winimage there is an option to create an image of your floppy. Do So and save it as msdos622.img
Done.

There are other programs out there to create the image if you search around.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 5 of 9, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I always do a "format a:" and then a "SYS A:" to make a floppy bootable and then copy the tools that I need to the disk.

or I just use the bootable floppies that came with the OS.

or right-click format in XP and choose "Make bootable".

Reply 6 of 9, by eftekhary_h

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

thank you
after make a bootable disket ,I don't know witch tools need for create msdos622.img for imgmount in dosbox,I want to do my application in msdos environment becasue when I run my program in dosbox the give me himem.sys error, if imgmount msdos622.img can I define himem.sys and emm386.exe and files for run my application ?

Reply 8 of 9, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
eftekhary_h wrote:

thank you
after make a bootable disket ,I don't know witch tools need for create msdos622.img for imgmount in dosbox,I want to do my application in msdos environment becasue when I run my program in dosbox the give me himem.sys error, if imgmount msdos622.img can I define himem.sys and emm386.exe and files for run my application ?

It sounds to me like you should just download the FreeDOS CD and install that in VPC 2007. Then if your program still needs Himem.sys/EMM386.exe from MSDOS then all you need to do is copy those off of a MSDOS boot disk/OS disks and you'd be good to go.

The above is so simple I'm not even going to bother explaining it so if your not going to bother doing it yourself then you'll just have to wait for a more patient person to come along to explain the details.

Reply 9 of 9, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
eftekhary_h wrote:

thank you
after make a bootable disket ,I don't know witch tools need for create msdos622.img for imgmount in dosbox,

DosFreak wrote:
Insert your MSDOS 6.22 floppy into your floppy drive. Download Winimage. Execute Winimage. In Winimage there is an option to cre […]
Show full quote

Insert your MSDOS 6.22 floppy into your floppy drive.
Download Winimage.
Execute Winimage.
In Winimage there is an option to create an image of your floppy. Do So and save it as msdos622.img
Done.

There are other programs out there to create the image if you search around.

eftekhary_h wrote:

I want to do my application in msdos environment becasue when I run my program in dosbox the give me himem.sys error, if imgmount msdos622.img can I define himem.sys and emm386.exe and files for run my application ?

Define? You can copy them to the diskette and to the image file if that is what you mean.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions