VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by cbreaker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Greetings,

I've seen someone post (elsewhere) about a hex edit to make dune use the Sound Canvas for music and the SB Pro for digital music, but I want to use the MT-32 for music and SB Pro for digital.

I have a real MT-32 and I'm running it under DOSBox just fine, but I'd like the digital audio to go with the great music on this game.

Anyone have any idea? Is there a hacked setup.exe or something I can find that will allow me to pick MT-32 + digital?

Thanks in advance.

Reply 1 of 4, by 5u3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cbreaker wrote:

Is there a hacked setup.exe or something I can find that will allow me to pick MT-32 + digital?

Yes, there is. See the attached d2sound.exe, a self-extracting archive which contains the "Multiple Sound Device Patch (Beta)" from Westwood Studios.

Attachments

• Filename
    d2sound.exe
    File size
    62.12 KiB
    Downloads
    767 downloads
    File comment
    DuneII Multiple Sound Device Patch
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 2 of 4, by cbreaker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Fantastic. Works like a charm.

You know I think I might have even used that tool way-back-when, when I had the GUS! Gosh I loved the GUS.

Sometimes these things can be impossible to track down even with Google.

Reply 3 of 4, by 5u3

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah, running MT-32 (or General MIDI) music together with digital sound really adds to the atmosphere in this game, although the AdLib music is not bad either...

Have fun!

Reply 4 of 4, by cbreaker

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I think the guys that did the FM Synth music for Dune and Dune 2 did an incredible job; most of the time Adlib music sounds like ass, but Westwood did it justice on this game.

Of course, the MT-32 sounds fantastic, better then the GUS on this one.

Thanks again.