VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Sladi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi!

As suggested I opened a new thread. 😀
I don't know how to enable Midi music in Larry games (if they're supported). I bought a collection CD and it's got the enhanced version of Larry1. There is no Midi mentioned in the manuals.
Also when installing Ultima7 it says not enough space available on c. I think I could get it to install once though. I can play fine but maybe someone knows what's the problem.
I use Dosbox 0.72.

Regards,
Sladi

Reply 1 of 8, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Sladi wrote:

Hi!

As suggested I opened a new thread. 😀
I don't know how to enable Midi music in Larry games (if they're supported). I bought a collection CD and it's got the enhanced version of Larry1. There is no Midi mentioned in the manuals.

What happened when you installed the program? The Larry installer should ask you to select the sound card for the game; does the installer have separate "select your sound card" for music and sound?

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 2 of 8, by Sladi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just tried installing again. The installer doesn't ask about my card. I saw some lines about choosing a soundcard in sierra.ini but this never comes up.
Also when I try running the games using the Sierra launcher none will start. The included Dosbox 0.63 starts but then it disappears. When overwriting it with version 0.72 they start.

Reply 3 of 8, by simonecuttlefish

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Wild guess, but is there a setsound.exe, or setup.exe, ir install.exe (or something similar) in Larry's install folder? Some old games used to have a seperate post install setup routine for configuring sound.

Reply 4 of 8, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

As for installing Ultima7 see this guide I wrote for Exult (and the sub section on hwo to install it on Dosbox)
http://exult.sourceforge.net/docs.php#dosbox_floppy

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 5 of 8, by Sladi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Danke! 😀 I did that since I already tried Exult. I posted there about the scaler config.
I figured maybe there is some explanation since I had been able to install it fine before. It seems some dosbox setting is te culprit.

I guess you sold the MT-32 recently in Vienna? Unfortunately I missed the end of the auction. 😜

Regards,
Sladi

Reply 6 of 8, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I guess you sold the MT-32 recently in Vienna? Unfortunately I missed the end of the auction.

Nope, I just happened to stumble over it and I think Qbix is not disappointed that you missed the end of the auction 😀

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 7 of 8, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

for those collections CD with larry and such there is a patch that upgrades it a lot.
look at the forums of vu (patch created by collector)

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 8 of 8, by Sladi

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
simonecuttlefish wrote:

Wild guess, but is there a setsound.exe, or setup.exe, ir install.exe (or something similar) in Larry's install folder? Some old games used to have a seperate post install setup routine for configuring sound.

No, they took these out. But the patch by Collector adds them again.

Thank you very much Qbix! It works now. 😁

P.S.:
I love Dosbox! When upgrading my PC I never thought about what happens to old games and gave the old computer away.
Now I can finish my games. 😀