VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DXT12000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just bought Commander Keen 1-3 from iD software and they let me a download a file called commander_keen_setup.exe , I try to run it, and to no avail, so I renamed it setup.exe with a little progress. Now it tells me: This Program cannot be run in DOS mode. I am using an intel mac with Dosbox 0.72, I am asking what my options are how can I fix this.

Heres a thought, if I put the installer on a friends computer, would I then be able to transfer the commander keen dos games back to my computer and just run them on Dosbox?

Last edited by DXT12000 on 2007-10-02, 14:35. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 6, by DXT12000

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I would agree with the solution in general but I was hoping to avoid that (the last time I tried to install windows on my mac, I then had to reinstall OS X after Windows reformated my hard drive instead of being contained as I hoped). Sorry, I should have specified that I am trying to find a solution that doesn't involve windows (or making significantly timely changes to the code on my part).

Reply 3 of 6, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author
DXT12000 wrote:

Heres a thought, if I put the installer on a friends computer, would I then be able to transfer the commander keen dos games back to my computer and just run them on Dosbox?

Probably.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 4 of 6, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That's why you should install Windows in Parallels or Vmware Fusion like most OSX users.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 6 of 6, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Ask them? The installer is a windows app, probably some sfx or so.
The game is of course still a dos game, so you have to extract the
archive first with some external app on non-windows OSs.