VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by gamerchick1337

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I just downloaded Kyrandia 3 from the CD... it runs fine but there's no friggin sound. I tried using all options for the sound systems and the only one that it'll let me run is the Sound Blaster, but when I open the game it says "Sound device not found" and it'll go straight to the game.. Any suggestions ?

Reply 1 of 7, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

And you have a SoundBlaster (or compatible) card in your PC?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 7, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Can you get the SB-card to work with other programs?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 4 of 7, by Hazekel

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The only way to get Kyrandia 3 working properly with sound appears to be to use DOSBOX. It is supposed to run on Windows, but that was Windows 95. With XP or later it is best to use DOSBOX.

Reply 5 of 7, by japheth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Hazekel wrote:

The only way to get Kyrandia 3 working properly with sound appears to be to use DOSBOX. It is supposed to run on Windows, but that was Windows 95. With XP or later it is best to use DOSBOX.

No. I have a SB Live and can run Kyrandia 3 in FreeDOS with sound.
Running it in a Win98 DOS box works as well.

Reply 6 of 7, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Windows 98 is very nearly the same as Windows 95. XP is very different. Just because it works in FreeDOS and Win98 has nothing to do with how well it works in XP. Many things that work in DOS or Win9x have problems with XP.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 7 of 7, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Kyrandia 3 is a very fussy game when it comes to sound - I recall having similar problems before I had Dosbox because it relied heavily on autoexec.bat-config.sys settings for sound to work I recall.