Common searches

Rednack Rampage issues ...

Topic actions

First post, by nataskapaus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

😒

I got redneck rampage, and its in a file on my Hdd, and i go to RR, and click on it, and it loads all the .con files. Then a blank dos window appears saying [Inactive Redneck] How can i fix this?

Also, in the file is a thing called pighead, i click on it and it says i do not have enoguh "memory"

Reply 6 of 24, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
nataskapaus wrote:

Im in New Zealand, no ebay, oh well ... i better just keep playing blood ... that i bought

Hey, if you have a real dos machine (or a windows 98 pc) then you could always try to run the game through dosmode. Or if you have enough harddisk space, you could make a dualboot of the system you are running and windows 98 SE.

For fucks sake people, don´t be so damn tight arsed.

Reply 8 of 24, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
wd wrote:

damn tight arsed

Hm? Sounds funny.

it is common British English. But my use of it, has not the same meaning. As the common idiom meaning, perhaps prudish would have been a better choice .

Reply 9 of 24, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
WolverineDK wrote:

For fucks sake people, don´t be so damn tight arsed.

You would be too, when you for the umpteenth time have tried to help a user getting sound to work - only to find out on page 3 of the thread, that "Oh yeah - I downloaded this game from XXXXXXX" and when you check that download out, it is a badly ripped version without the audio-tracks.

If the tight arsed attitude here don't suit you, you are more than welcome to head over to the forums at http://www.dosgames.com and help the people there getting their games to work.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 10 of 24, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I understand the rules, I just hate the hostility against a person. Whether the game is legal or not. He had a problem with the game, and I answered after my best of knowledge. But attacking all, is something I am getting tired off, since I do remember a time before where a man from Spain had another problem. And somebody he gave him an overhaul over no reason of what so ever. And there I defended him too. Since whether the game is is legal or illegal. Then giving everybody a finger is just plain wrong.

Reply 11 of 24, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
WolverineDK wrote:

I understand the rules, I just hate the hostility against a person. Whether the game is legal or not.

leileilol might have been a rather heavy handed in his reply, but all I did was to provide a link to a cheap, legitimate copy. No one else made any comment about nataskapaus' admission of having downloaded his copy from an abandonware site. As has been oft discussed here, most are not against the idea of abandonware, it is just a matter of the legality of it. Some companies have a zero tolerance policy of abandonware/infringement of intellectual properties. The ScummVM project had a great deal of problems from LucasArts over such issues. If you think that we are "tight arsed" here, head over to the boards on scummvm.org and see what they are like about abandonware.

It is a matter of not being a legal target. Besides, abandonware often offers very bad rips of the games that cause serious problems with the games, then people who download these games come here for help with these problems.

Reply 15 of 24, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
WolverineDK wrote:

I understand the rules, I just hate the hostility against a person.

Mind you, hostility can be a hell lot of fun. 😉

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 16 of 24, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman wrote:
WolverineDK wrote:

I understand the rules, I just hate the hostility against a person.

Mind you, hostility can be a hell lot of fun. 😉

Yeah that is true. But maybe sometimes I just think too socially .
And want help people. When it comes to games, whether they are illegal or not.

Last edited by WolverineDK on 2007-11-14, 22:51. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 18 of 24, by dh4rm4

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
leileilol wrote:
abandonware isn't supported because […]
Show full quote

abandonware isn't supported because

1. it's illegal
2. it's stupid
3. it's not a real copy

get a real copy from a real store on a real cd and come again.

Honestly, that post would've been more impactful without the grade school points.

Reply 19 of 24, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well, I think it's better for everyone if we keep on topic. Abandonware has been discussed on several threads so far. If you want to keep arguing feel free to open a different thread in a proper section on the forum.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)