VOGONS

Common searches

Rednack Rampage issues ...

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 24, by emgee

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I too have this game - legit and shop-bought some years ago. most of the game is installed on the HDD, but the CD is required to play music rttacks while dispatching the rednecks and assorted animals.

It works fine with the CD-Rom mounted using 'mount' in the usual way. But, so I can keep the CD safely in its box and don't need to remember to move it between PCs, I made an ISO image file using my CD writing software (Roxio) (which seems to be OK), and mounted that using this command:

imgmount d c:\[path to iso] -t iso

which I found somewhere on the wiki.

The mount works fine, so it says. However, the music files don't work, as if there's no CD. Can you mount a working virtual CD from an ISO, so that the game thinks it's the actual CD? Any nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

Reply 21 of 24, by njaydg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

* pushes emgee in the right direction *

Create a BIN / CUE image of the CD using UltraISO. Then load the CUE file using imgmount inside DOSBox. That way you'll hear the audio tracks playing ingame. 😎

Reply 24 of 24, by dudalb

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

A couple of years ago a company bought the rights to the Redneck Rampage games. Nothing announced yet, but that means it is NOT abandonware.
And used copies are pretty cheap and easy to come by if you hung on the Internet.
If you have a good system, it runs fine on the more recent versions of DOSBOX.