VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Yoran315

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Once again a question about blood. 😈 I've been trying to run it for some time now; the vdmsound option & buildxp brought me where I am now; able to start the game to the point of the demo movie. There I can clearly hear the sounds, caleb shooting or just his voice. The problem is, the screen is totally black! I have not been able to repair this and became a little frustrated.. So I decided to call for cavalry.
Please help! 😅

Reply 2 of 9, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Run the game setup and change resolution to 320x200 and see if the game works. If it does then you need to run change the resolution to whatever you want, run NOLFB before executing the game and then execute the game.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 9, by Yoran315

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. I was running nolfb (and dosdrv) anyway, the game wouldnt work without.

I've tried all different res, also non-vesa (320×200). The game responds the same to each of these res.
I downloaded the univbe5.1 too, it didn't help.

Reply 6 of 9, by RazTK

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
leileilol wrote:

This cutscene palette issue happens in dosbox too

most people claim blood works perfect because they don't own it and live off the shitty rips 😀

I have an image of One Unit Whole Blood and I've never had such problem. Yoran, maybe you need to patch the game? What version do you have?

Reply 8 of 9, by Yoran315

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I had tried DosBox; the game starts, blood announces memory to be low. I can see the screen with the skeleton head and the demo title "rest for the wicked" (or something like that). The game freezes on that screen, sound still plays though. Like the frames are lagging infinitely. I'm running the fully patched blood (3dfx patch from monolith), installation from an original cd. Non-patched Blood won't work either by the way.