VOGONS

Common searches

KINGS QUEST 4 - 5 CAN RUN

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by puppetj

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, i have kings quest 4 - 5 , non cd non windows and i used vmdsound, got them working and everything....then i was getting clicks or pops cant tell at random times (in xp, not related to kings quests games ) anyway, so i uninstalled/reinstalled my snd drivers...didnt fix it, so i thought maybe vmdsound was to blame, so i uninstalled it...didnt restarted, still had the issue, so i reinstalled vmd restarted this time...so right now i dont know what caused the issue, but when i went to run Kings quest 4 - 5, (btw i deleted the vmd shortcuts b/c they didnt run after i uninstalled/reinstalled vmd, so i made new ones) Well when 1 run KQ4 (sierra.exe like i did before and it worked) goes to the "sierra presents grey screen" and freezes and cant move mouse, so i end task, why??? ok When i run KQ5 (kq5.bat like i did before and it worked)
it freezes at a black screen with a cup in the middle that iam think is the mouse pointer but cant mouse, so i end task. the last game KQ6 i run (kq6.bat Like i did before and it worked) i get unable to initialize sound card and i have to end task, now remember all these games work before using vmdsound, what the hell happened?????

Reply 1 of 22, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Here, a random assortment of UPPERCASE letters:

D S L D J Q I JF N C H W T Y W J D K F P O Q W I O D L K C L K A X W Q E M X C V M K W U R O W O E R T Y S F D S.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 4 of 22, by puppetj

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah, i used it for those games along with d-fend the only way i setup the the shortcuts for dosbox i i used the newest version of dosbox 72, and doesnt, run i just get : illegal command : sierra.exe, or what ever the other 5, 6 kq games used the kq5.bat, etc...and if i use "loadfix option i get in dfend it just runs and tells me the memory that was freeed, but doesnt run those games....but back to vmd, why doesnt it work now???

Reply 6 of 22, by puppetj

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ive yet to see any help to my question about my vmd issue, remember it worked before, so there is no reason to try another application, please lets focus on the issue at hand, and i looked at dbgl it uses java, and i dont like to have that on my system, as its a security risk, and dog i'am trying now, but i would still like to know about the issue,, thanks

Reply 9 of 22, by puppetj

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Your friendly and very comprehensible style of posting makes everyone wanting to help you. That's why you get so many replies.

Sorry? I'am not getting an adttuide it thats what u mean, why must you posters always start fights, i'am simply asking stop doging my question thats all.

Try installing them

If you read my post, you'd see that it worked before, and that it was installed