User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,

i would like to play TombRaider Unfinished Business on my laptop:
- Windows 2000
- P3 800MHz
- 256 Mb memory
- Ati Rage mobile 8MB graphics card (latest drivers)

Steps performed:
I have installed
1) TR 1 with the Glidos Install Wizard
2) VDM Sound (set tips off)
3) Glidos

I have tried different settings in Glidos:
- full screen/windowed
- 800x600 / 1024x756 (max. resolution LCD-screen)
- Vesa on/off

In all cases TR crashes at the moment the text "DOS/4GW protected mode etc." in the window fades away.

With Vesa support on i get a warning that things may run slow. In this case Glidos server keeps running, displays a pop-up "Read failure" and stops.
With Vesa support off, the TR window and Glidos both crash/exit.

Any ideas???

thanks!

p.s. In another forum (see http://www.tombraiderforums.com/cgi-bin/ultim … t=000302#000002) i read that you can't run TR/Glidos on Win2000 with a NTFS filesystem. Is this true (as i use NTFS)?

Reply 2 of 3, by Loki

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Nicht Sehr Gut,
what do you mean with 3D mode?

TR and TR Unfinished Business (web-download, not from the TR Gold cd-rom) are both installed. I have not been able to run them both. Running them with Glidos also does not work.

To check the installation, I could try to run them when i boot my system with an old Win95 bootable diskette. I have not tried that yet.

Reply 3 of 3, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Loki what do you mean with 3D mode?

I mean the "software only" version of the game, without 3D hardware acceleration.

I have not been able to run them both. Running them with Glidos also does not work.

Well, if they won't run in software-3D mode, they won't run with GliDOS.

Configure them to run with "No Sound Card", then try again.

To check the installation, I could try to run them when i boot my system with an old Win95 bootable diskette. I have not tried that yet.

You may need to try that. Just remember that if it's Win95A (the first version) it can only see drives using FAT16. Win95B or later can see FAT16 and FAT32 drives. If you need a different BootDisk, go here.