VOGONS

Common searches

OMG someone please help me

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by nirvanamaniac101

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So Ive been trying to figure out how to get this game to work for the past 7 hours. Ive read a crap load of forums and cant seem to get it. Im trying to play Marble Drop. It has 2 versions on the disc. One is Win31 and the other is Win95. I have mounted it etc and have come to an error on both versions. On Win31 I get "This program must be run under Microsoft Windows." and with Win95 I get "This program must be run under Win32". ill admit Im stupid when it comes to computers. But is there anything I can do to fix this or am I just out of luck with this game?

Reply 3 of 10, by nirvanamaniac101

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hmm, i could have sworn when I played this game years ago it was DOS. Well when I tried to install it I got an error saying the operating system is not capable to run the game. Do you know of anything to make it work? But like I said I know NOTHING about computers so I have no idea what Im doing 😜

Reply 4 of 10, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
nirvanamaniac101 wrote:

hmm, i could have sworn when I played this game years ago it was DOS.

Impossible, because......

nirvanamaniac101 wrote:

It has 2 versions on the disc. One is Win31 and the other is Win95.

And mind you, there's no DOS version of Marble Drop.

nirvanamaniac101 wrote:

I have mounted it etc and have come to an error on both versions.

It doesn't take a genius to see that you're trying to run Windows games in DOSBOX. Just install the Windows95 version in your Windows (XP, I presume), without using DOSBOX at all. If it doesn't run, then MD is one of those pesky Win9x games that don't run on WinXP.

Alternatively, you can run Win3.1 from inside DOSBOX, and run MD from it.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 5 of 10, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

KAN is obviously capable of reading our minds! (;

The OP didn't mention DOSBox at all. The post is in the DOS forum. The "mount" comment could be related to mounting a CD image (the game seems to come on a CD).

But all of that doesn't change the basic problem: the OP is indeed trying to run a Windows game in DOS. According to MobyGames, the game should run in Win 3.1 and Win 9x. The Win 9x version should install in XP, if that's what the OP is using. He could be using Solaris, or OS/2.

Reply 6 of 10, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Also, he didn't read the fine article about how to ask questions.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 8 of 10, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ADDiCT wrote:

The "mount" comment could be related to mounting a CD image (the game seems to come on a CD).

Er, as far as I know, you cannot mount CD image in pure DOS. Or is there any DOS-based image mounting util that I missed?

ADDiCT wrote:

KAN is obviously capable of reading our minds! (;

Actually, I'm capable to do more than that. See, something like this:
"You don't need to see his identification...." *waves hand*
"These are not the droids you're looking for...." *waves hand*
"Move along....." *waves hand*

Sadly, it failed to keep me from getting a ticket yesterday. Apparently The Force is strong on this cop (translation: Indonesian cops do not take bribe anymore.).

Yup, this country is improving. Sort of.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 10 of 10, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

And ..... this thread suddenly died.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions