VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by deeped

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi all,

Im trying to use an older Sound Card 16 CT4180. I guess its PnP technology because no jumper I found. After connecting it says it uses 220 port, 9 IRQ and 1, 7 DMA.

Only a few games can use it. How to change the Port, IRQ, DMA etc parameters? Sadly I have no install disk for it. I have a old hardware (2001). I got an install what requered a CTCM program. That CTCM was installed (it was hard because it "thought" that it is in Windows allways). I used to used a Sound Blaster Pro2 at 240 port with 7 IRQ. Sadly, most games cant handle the 9 IRQ. Is the PnP to configure the parameter of card, instead of setting jumpers?

The IRQ 7 is free. Any idea to use the card, or any installer program? If someone remembers for those "old times" please reply! Im only interested in real DOS mode, not XP.

Reply 5 of 8, by deeped

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I see. But its not the problem, my XP recognies it too and doesnt work... when I try to play any sound I hear a big silence, and XP doesnt tell anything wrong. Parameters are usual, 7-IRQ is ok, BUT DOS games says its wrong (even the driver's test program).

Maybe the problem is with the intergrated sound-card which is also works at 220 BUT IT IS DISABLED!! 😖

Reply 8 of 8, by deeped

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hm lets think in another way. The integrated soundcard is cannot be disabled (I set its port,DMA,IrQ to another value, even disabled, still, WinXP see it and produces sound output) I think I must plead with SB 16 to use port number 240. Hm, how... however what can solve that integrated card problem? How to get rid of that card? Its an old motherboard (abit, 2001) any idea? 😖