VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by strider tag

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

😕 I downloaded these games from an abandonware site some time ago and I heard they are GREAT games .
Unfortunately , when I try to run these games , A black screen telling me about a music driver appears....
At the end of the command lines in this screen, the words "echo off" are written.What do they mean ??
I've been to various abandonware sites asking for help , but no one could help me ....
Please , you are my last hope ....
😕

May the striders be with you ...

Reply 1 of 12, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I believe that they are picky on where they are installed. (or extracted to)

For seasons of sakura this must be the c:\saku_d folder

for 3 sister i don't know.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 2 of 12, by strider tag

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

On one hand , I thank you a lot because I also had "true love" , which I couldn't run because It said "information on registry not correct , please re-install" ( In fact , It had an application which wrote the game info in the registry) . When I moved the game's files to the C: drive , I could enjoy this wonderful game ( It was on "my documents" folder ....) .
On the other hand , there's still one problem with sakura . I could run the game once , but after that , I couldn't play at all ! Maybe I have to be patient after the black screen with the music driver text .... If you could help me with THIS problem , I'd be really grateful towards you .
By the way , what is "echo off" ??
😁

Reply 4 of 12, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

It's a bit tricky about the keyboard I know.

try pressing ctrl for a while when the screen is black

Reply 6 of 12, by zuzma

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That would be warez since they still sell those games under the title Jast memorial collection. Anyway if you really want to play them you should buy them. It's got a load of new features too like a gallery, new graphic filters, cd music rather then the old midi stuff, and the fact that it works in windows 9x/XP/2k fine. Actually it comes with three games.. seasons of the sakura, The three sisters story and Runaway City. You can buy it for about 25 bucks in online stores like for example http://www.jastusa.com/

Last edited by zuzma on 2003-07-27, 00:04. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 8 of 12, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

The directory idea was for free But I think we can not accept your wishes for download links of those games you mentioned.

Moderators. Please close this thread incase somebody might be temped......

Reply 9 of 12, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by strider tag At the end of the command lines in this screen, the words "echo off" are written. What do they mean ??

"ECHO OFF" simply causes commands not to display themselves as they are executed. It has absolutely nothing to do with the games not working and it never will.

For "Seasons of Sakura", you will almost certainly need to run it using another OS or using emulation, as discussed here.

Sisters is in both DOS and Windows formats, but probably has similar problems to Sakura.

One of the problems with "rips" like these is that parts of the program are frequently broken when they are "ripped".

Originally posted by zuzma You can buy it for about 25 bucks in online stores like for example http://www.jastusa.com/

..and considering that this three-pack specifies compatibility with XP, THAT is the proper solution.

Considering that there is still a huge number of games that won't work or won't work properly in 2000/XP, it doesn't make a lot of sense to knock ourselves out to get an older version of the game to work in XP when there already is a version readily available.

Originally posted by ffhighwind If you played Quest for Glory 4 1/2, it makes a point that pirating software is okay because not everybody has 40 bucks to shell out for a video game.

Yeah. I don't have the cash to get a Lexus, but you won't see me trying to sneak off with one.

In this case it's 25 bucks, which isn't hard to settle on for a "collection," but if you're under 18 or still at home with your family...

Oh yeah, anybody know a link for Divi Dead, Eve Burst Error (classic or plus), or Amy's Fantasies are? I've found 3 sites of hentai games that seem broken.

We ask that you don't post links like this and not make "warez" requests. It attracts all kinds of "bad" attention. There are other place you can do that.

Reply 11 of 12, by strider tag

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

But there's something I still don't understand ....
How come the game worked once (when Qbix told me to put the game files in C: ) and never worked again ?
I could play sakura once , but at some point it frost and since I couldn't play with it at all ...
Maybe you'll tell me that I was lucky this day .... 😁

Reply 12 of 12, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by strider tag
How come the game worked once (when Qbix told me to put the game files in C: ) and never worked again ?

No idea. You could always delete any new files created during that run and replace any files updated with the originals from your archive...then try again.

I could play sakura once , but at some point it frost and since I couldn't play with it at all ...

Probably, you got lucky.