VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Ownage-Drecksau

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi
i really think this board ownz, it's a nice idea to talk about old games and help other people to make them runing on their (new) system.

I have a problem with blood and doesn't know what to do!
I tried this guide: http://netstruck.com/buildxp but it doesn't seem to work on my system!

ok here are my problems:
1) "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled exception encountered while loading"; this error appears if I try to start blood with the shortcuts I downloaded from the "build on XP"-site - I disabled the sound and made another shortcuts (which only activated NOLFB and started blood) and the error disappeared!

so it has something to do with VDMSound - I reinstalled it, but that doesn't do the trick 🙁

2) Ok, I disabled the sound and started BLOOD!
Everything seemed to work (menu,...) but if I try to start a game blood crashes

hope anyone can help me ...

Reply 1 of 2, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Those instructions are essentially dumb and wrong (and bastardized from here with no credit). His predefined shortcuts are basically crap. You're better off doing it yourself. You'll only get good performance if your sound qualities are at 8-voice 16-bit 22kHz stereo or lower (maybe you can step it up a bit on a really new processor). Have you been installing VDMSound as an "Administrator"?

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 2 of 2, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Ownage-Drecksau I have a problem with blood and doesn't know what to do!
I tried this guide: http://netstruck.com/buildxp but it doesn't seem to work on my system!

..and he still hasn't responded to my email on this. Maybe he's on vacation or something.

ok here are my problems:
1) "FATAL ERROR: Unhandled exception encountered while loading"; this error appears if I try to start blood with the shortcuts I downloaded from the "build on XP"-site - I disabled the sound and made another shortcuts (which only activated NOLFB and started blood) and the error disappeared!

Fancy that. I got the exact same error. Fixed it by creating my own VLP shortcuts.

...so it has something to do with VDMSound

Well, no. It has something to do with his particular shortcuts. It might be that he's using SP1 and I (at present) am not.

- I reinstalled it, but that doesn't do the trick

You reinstalled VDMSound? Hopefully you had clean uninstall first.

2) Ok, I disabled the sound and started BLOOD!
Everything seemed to work (menu,...) but if I try to start a game blood crashes

Drecksau, could you jump over to this thread?
showthread.php?threadid=1943&highlight=blood
albinovocalist is in the same position, and any advice I have for him will be the same for you.