VOGONS

Common searches

Lightspeed - Need Special Help!

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

First post, by swaaye

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ok, so I want to play this crusty old game again. However, it occurred to me that it's on 5.25" and I lack such a glorious drive in this modern era we all live in now. Of course, I do have a 3.5" yet but that's of little consolation in this situation...

So, I'm asking for an extra special favor from someone more "fortunate". Pretty please send me an archive of these disks (PM me I guess....). Here's a photo to prove that I own this fabulous title. I really don't want to own a 5.25" drive again if it can be avoided! Back before I got rid of the drive I think I dumped the disks onto a CD but it is apparently lost...

img5230vf3.th.jpgimg5232aa8.th.jpg

And before it is asked, yes I tried a evil copy from the intarwebz, but it freezes up and the Tandy mode fails to work at all so it must be messed up....

Reply 3 of 7, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
WolverineDK wrote:

swaaye: at least addict can´t go all bitchy on us like he did in another thread.

I will ignore the childish tone of your comment in the hope you'll grow up and understand the basic problem one day. But, unfortunately for you, i _can_ go bitchy. The basic problem with this post is exactly the same as with the other one. The photos are no proof of ownership, they could've been taken from an ebay auction or from some website. And even if there would be a proof of ownership - it'd still be illegal in many jurisdictions to make copies of the original media and transfer them to someone else. WolverineDK, if you lack the intellectual strength to understand the basic problem in respect to VOGONS in general and DOSBox in particular, please do us all a favour and keep your comments to yourself. This comment of yours was neither helpful, nor enlightening.

I believe the rules for posts on VOGONS should be expanded. VOGONS should not be a trading station for copied games. The fact that we're dealing with old games doesn't make any difference at all. In principle, it doesn't matter whether someone is asking for a copy of an old DOS game or, for example, Fallout 3.

Reply 5 of 7, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

still it wouldn't be allowed.
might prove fun in riaa cases though. Yeah I shared that file with somebody, but he already had it somewhere else so I can share it legally 😀

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 7 of 7, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

You guys really should keep this garbage to PM's.

Closed.

and cleaned.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions