VOGONS

Common searches

*New* AESOP_16, AESOP_32 engine thread (Eye of Beholder 3, Dungeon Hack)

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 20 of 26, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

nope, that is a good idea, will do it now 😀

edit: did that, still no change... I have uploaded a video from my phone, you miss the small "pops" during sample playpack (in the end of samples I assume, they do not mix well with others) but you can hear some other ANNOYING sfx... this is on a real SB16 (A220/I5/D1/H5) Also notice that in the beginning/ending of lapc-i playback there are no "pops" , the sound transition is OK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7qljh3RWbI

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 21 of 26, by JemyM

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You are right, that sounds terrible. Can you test the very same installation you are using here on a real windows 0.73 DOSBox?

If it works in Win DOSBox 0.73, we know that the installation is 'correct' for use in DOSBox, but that this is indeed incompatible to real SB16 or whatever version you are using on your mobile.

Okay, now roll sanity.

Reply 22 of 26, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

no I mean I used my mobile phone to take the video, the hardware running the game is a real p200mmx with a real SB16 😀
I'll try with dosbox, just to see if it is any different...

edit:
it sounds OK in DOSBOX 😒 damn... this is a letdown, I only have sound probs with this game 😢 maybe it just does not like SB16's

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 23 of 26, by DragonsLover

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I bring this old topic back up because I was wondering if it was possible to correct some bugs in Dungeon Hack with the engine. I'm not a programmer myself and I wondered if someone could make a loader or an improved version to fix the bugs. Tell me if it's possible first, then I will mention the bugs I know.

I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Reply 25 of 26, by rcblanke

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just a quick note to mention the fact that DOSBox 0.74 (and SVN) suffer from the same EOB3 sound popping issues mentioned by keropi a couple of posts back. Luckily DOSBox 0.73 does not have this issue/incompatibility.