VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by chslapahoe

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am a newbie and I have recently purchased conquests of camelot on ebay and I cannot get the game to install. I have put in the harddisk and I either am told to insert a disk or that the disk needs to be formatted. I'm sorry to ask questions which may be stupid but I have searched and I can't seem to fix the problem. Please help

Reply 3 of 6, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

To boot into real dos you can...

+ In Windows 9.x, reboot and press F8, when menu appears, choose Command prompt only. Another way is to shut down the system by choosing boot into msdos mode.

+ In Windows XP, you need to use a bootable floppy or cdrom.

Reply 4 of 6, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by chslapahoe I am a newbie and I have recently purchased conquests of camelot on ebay and I cannot get the game to install.

What OS? Windows 95? 98? ME? XP? Which OS you have will affect how you should run it.

I have put in the harddisk and I either am told to insert a disk or that the disk needs to be formatted.

Hrmm. When you say "put in the harddisk" I presume you are talking about the 3.5 inch floppy disk?

Again, depending on what size your hard drive partitions are, your filesystem type, and your OS....there could be all kinds of different problems.

If you have no idea of what your system specifications are, try AIDA32 (the "Personal" version). AIDA is very good at giving detailed information. The ZIP version doesn't even need to be installed. Just unzip and run the aida32.exe

Reply 5 of 6, by Zaarin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The install-program for Camelot should run fine under Windows (the game itself is another matter). If you're told that the floppy needs reformatting after you've inserted it, it's most probably faulty (the game is over 10 years old after all).
Well anyways...to install the game, simply insert the first floppy and run install.exe

Reply 6 of 6, by darkmage0707077

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey, I just bought the game off Ebay, and have successfully installed it and am running it with dosbox. Unfortunately, I get to the big fight with Saracen, the one they tell you of in the manual, and right as we're going to enter combat, it says "out of heap space" and exits. What do I do about this? I have XMS and EMS memory on, and have tried fiddling with the ammount of DOS memory available (128 was as high as I went before I stopped). How can I increase the ammount of XMS or EMS, or otherwise correct this problem?