VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by gamepopper101

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am able to boot it perfectly on my PC with DOSBox 0.72 but when I try and play Monkey Island 1 it says "No CD-Rom Drive or MSCDEX not installed". For some reason I can get Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's revenge to boot and run on the same disk.

What should I do?

I maybe no PC Gamer but that doesn't mean I hate PC Games. Since I'm a retro gamer than I pray for anything earlier than DOS

Reply 2 of 14, by gamepopper101

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've tried but it isn't possible because the games are DOS executables and ScummVM won't recognise them.

I maybe no PC Gamer but that doesn't mean I hate PC Games. Since I'm a retro gamer than I pray for anything earlier than DOS

Reply 4 of 14, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
gamepopper101 wrote:

I've tried but it isn't possible because the games are DOS executables and ScummVM won't recognise them.

ScummVM shouldn't care about the executables at all as long as the data files are there. What exactly did you do to try to load it in ScummVM?

Reply 5 of 14, by gamepopper101

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I booted up ScummVM and selected Add Game, searched for the Monkey Island folders (which were taken from my CD of both games) and it comes up with nothing. There are .exe executables in there which is why I'm asking what I should do in DOSBox

Reply 8 of 14, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
gamepopper101 wrote:

I booted up ScummVM and selected Add Game, searched for the Monkey Island folders (which were taken from my CD of both games) and it comes up with nothing.

As per http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Datafiles#S … y_Island.2C_The , you need to point ScummVM at the specific folder that contains MONKEY.000 and MONKEY.001 (or MONKEY1.000 and MONKEY1.001), not at the directory that contains the executables.

Reply 10 of 14, by tsampikos

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

To play the games from the CD with DOSBox all you have to do is mount your CD rom drive.Then there schuld be no problem.If you can't do it manually then use a Foentend/GUI for DOSBox such as D-Fend Reloaded or D.O.G. and mount your CD-ROM comfortably. ScummVM recognises both games without any Problems.Maybe you are doing something wrong?

Reply 13 of 14, by gamepopper101

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I got it to work on ScummVM now, thanks anyway everyone!