VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by snetch

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I get no sound in "Riddle of Master Lu"
My Soundcard is C-Media AC97 (onboard my mainboard)

Reply 3 of 7, by Zaarin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This game's a DOS4GW-game (protected mode). Doesn't VDMSound only work with real mode games?
You'll need to instal DOS-drivers for your card if you wanna use it. I have a C-Media built into one of my motherboards, but haven't checked out its win98 drivers so I have no idea if it has any DOS-drivers.

Reply 4 of 7, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Um, Zaarin, no. heh You are grossly misinformed about VDMSound. The formal release version of DOSBox supports only real mode games. VDMSound works with anything that works with NTVDM. However he's using Windows 98SE so that point is MOOT anyway.

If you type "SET" at a command prompt do you see a "BLASTER= " line?

Do other DOS games work with sound?

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 5 of 7, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have been thoroughly testing this game and I have been unable to get any sound neither from dos or from windows. I have also a CMI8738 integrated sound chip and i get no sound at all, after trying all emulators i have: the dos emulator for my cmi8738, VDMSound and DosBox (CVS). No luck.

Reply 7 of 7, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by snetch I get no sound in "Riddle of Master Lu"
My Soundcard is C-Media AC97 (onboard my mainboard)

Honestly? I don't know if it's possible to get Master Lu working with sound with that hardware/software:
showthread.php?threadid=229&highlight=Riddle+Master
showthread.php?threadid=535&highlight=Riddle+Master
showthread.php?threadid=1385&highlight=Riddle+Master

Presently, the only way I was able to get it running with sound was when I ran it within "Virtual PC".